We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for eggs from our chickens. We categorize our egg production based on the feed we purchase in lots.
- 250 lbs of Modesto brand organic corn-free, soy-free and canola-free feed purchased from Rampart Feed in Castle Rock on February 15 2018.
- This feed is special-ordered as the feed store does not carry it in stock
- The lot code for the feed is January 11 2018.
- Chickens are fed almost daily kitchen scraps from our personal kitchen and The Light of Dog farm kitchen, which includes raw vegetables and fruits and some cooked vegetables.
- Chickens are given a small amount of raw meat 1-2 days per week to give them a chance to eat raw meat, since due to coyotes we rarely let them free-range outside the cage unless supervised.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of feed.
- Storage: feed is stored in plastic trash cans in its original packaging in the chicken utility room until used at The Light of Dog farm.