We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 5/17/18; Expiration: 5/17/19.
- Ingredients were pulled from the freezer on Monday; meat was left outside a few hours on Tuesday to hasten defrost time.
- Environment: 70 degrees and humidity 20%.
- Drying time at 165 degrees was 10.5 hrs. Pulled some strips off starting at 9 hours and the rest at 10.5 hours.
- Transferred immediately to plastic storage container for refrigerator storage
- Packaged into final packaging one day later.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Ground beef from two whole cows (original live weight of 1139 pounds) from All About Nature.
- Meat was originally processed in late March and April 2018 by D&L Meat Company.
- Delivered April 12 2018 from All About Nature to The Light of Dog Farm, direct from the processor.
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until processing into treats.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in February/March 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on April 5 2018 Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Carrots purchased May 3 2018 from Natural Grocers in Castle Rock and frozen; broccoli and apples purchased May 14 2018 from Natural Grocers Highlands Ranch.
- Transported to and remained in freezers/refrigerators at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Apple is the Braeburn cultivar.
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container purchased January 24 2018.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27 2017.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based; we hope to move to biodegradeable labels in 2018.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.