We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Chicken Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 3/17/18; Expiration: 1/11/19.
- Muscle meat is whole chicken ground with bones included.
- Defrosted 2-days before – left at room temp out of freezer for 11-hours to hasten thawing, then 3-days in refrigerator; vegetable and fruits purchased 3-days before.
- Environment: 70 degrees and humidity 22%; ended at 68 degrees and humidity 20%.
- 23:40 cooking time: 1:00 pm start time.
- Let cool on trays 4-hours before transfer to plastic container for refrigeration.
- Transferred 2-days later to final consumer packaging and transferred to freezer storage.
Chicken Muscle Meat
- Whole chicken from All About Nature.
- Meat was originally processed on December 2017 by All About Nature.
- Delivered to The Light of Dog Farm December 17 2017.
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until production.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in December 2017/January 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up February 14 2018, from Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Carrots, broccoli and apples purchased March 12 2018 from Natural Grocers in Highlands Ranch.
- Apple is Autumn Glory.
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container purchased January 24 2018.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based; we hope to move to biodegradeable labels in 2018.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.