Sue's Professional Background
Sue conducts all training under The Light of Dog (some of you might still remember us as Love My Dog Training) – our business in south metro Denver, Colorado, since 2004. Sue has been providing dog training and behavior counseling since 1996.
- Certified Dog Behavior Consultant
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer
- Founder & President of the Colorado Dog Trainers Network
- The Boss, The Alpha, The Momma
- The Provider of All Good Things
- Author of Juvenile Delinquent Dogs: The Complete Guide to Saving Your Sanity and Successfully Living with Your Adolescent Dog
- Author of Ask The Trainer: Answers to common questions about dog training and behavior issues, including jumping, leash manners, aggression, fearfulness, and more
- Infinite patience with dogs – and perhaps even more challenging, infinite patience with her husband
Her designations include:
- Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers
- The ability to find the good in every dog, no matter how naughty they might appear to be
- The ability to work seven days a week and not drop from exhaustion
Ed's Professional Background
Ed's background is leading companies for investors and company owners, from start-up through exit.
His industry focus is food/consummable consumer packaged goods (CPG) and his experience has given him a deep understanding for how and why our food is created, marketed and sold. He fixed his own serious health issues, which perplexed both western and alternative doctors, through research, diet and lifestyle changes.
His aim with The Light of Dog is to use his professional and personal experience to create products, both for humans and dogs, that promote health and quality of life.
More about Ed can be found on his website.
- Marketing and Sales Geezer
- Director of Product Development
- The Technology Guy
- Farm Grunt
- Type-A intensity – gets things done but not always a joy to be around
- Always trying to create, build and develop new things
- Ability to hurt himself without help from anyone else…best to keep 6-feet from him so as not get caught in the blast wave
- MacGyver reincarnated
aka “Little Man”
aka “the Pirahna”
Zooka joined our family in July 2019
- growing like a weed
- having a very particular set of skills that involve seriously sharp baby teeth
- eating a giant rock
- To be determined. . .
aka “The Greyhound”
We unexpectedly lost our beloved Zuzu June 30, 2019. We miss our feisty girl.
- Desire to have fun
- Sense of humor. . . though the Rooster does not share her sense of humor
- Ability, on a dare, to eat the most disgusting things (Ok, no actual dare needed)
- Funky non-Greyhound hair
- Relishes with reckless abandon any amount of snow and cold she encounters
- Ability to destroy wooden objects of any size
- Ability to remain cozy in freezing weather while lying in a snowbank and eating snowcones
aka “The Vizsla”
Sadly, we lost our beloved Romeo unexpectedly on May 18, 2018. He brought much joy to our lives.
- Vast knowledge and abilities
- Ability to wear out a Greyhound
- Intense connection with his Momma
- Sultan of suntan…when not snuggling with his Momma, look for him in the sunroom
- Ability to snuggle with his Momma anywhere, anytime, no matter how small the space and how hot the temperature
- Ability to flush out the enemy (aka, bunnies) no matter how securely hidden