Before You Come To Class
Thank you for registering for Group Classes. Please read this entire page, as it contains important class information.
- You must provide proof of vaccinations. All dogs must be current on rabies, distemper, and parvo vaccinations. We do accept titers. For puppies, we just need age-appropriate vaccinations, so if they have not had their full set of vaccinations yet, including rabies, that is ok! You might also want to consider bordetella for kennel cough but we do not require it. (Much like the flu vaccines for humans, they work with certain strains but do not guarantee your dog won’t contract a strain not covered by the vaccine.)
- Equipment you will need for class:
- Six-foot leash. Retractable or flexi-leads are NOT allowed in class.
- Flat buckle collar, martingale collar, head halter or harness. NO choke chains, prong or electronic collars.
- Three or more kinds of treats. SMALL, SOFT and SMELLY are best. See ideas on this page.
- For high-quality healthy treats, we offer our Peak Power Treats that we source directly and produce ourselves. They can be purchased from our website or directly from us in class.
- For Puppy Preschool, bring 2-3 different toys. A food-filled Kong, chewing bone or similar toy is recommended for at least one of these toys.
- OPTIONAL: We encourage you to try clicker training. We sell clickers/wrist coils for $2 or you may bring your own. For more information on clickers, click here.
- For the first session only of BASIC TRAINING, we meet WITHOUT DOGS.
- If class is near your dog’s mealtime, wait until after class to feed your dog. For some dogs, especially if they tend to get carsick, you might feed a small amount but not a full meal.
- Please do not bring a sick dog to class. However, we do recommend that YOU come to class so you don’t miss anything.
- We encourage the entire family to participate. Your dog benefits if everyone in the house is consistent. However, we ask that small children who will not be able to sit still stay at home.
- Dress appropriately, including shoes that will not easily fall off. Weather and daylight permitting, most classes will be held outdoors.
- In the case of inclement weather, we reserve the right to postpone a class. If this happens, you will be contacted as soon as possible, and the class will be rescheduled.
- If you know that you will not be able to attend a class, please let us know as soon as possible.
- For those who have purchased access to Client Corner, our online library of handouts and video clips for the exercises in this class, you will be given access within a day of the first class session.
We look forward to seeing you at class!