- 7-session course with 1 class each week covering basic training for puppies 8-weeks to 5-months of age.
- Taught by experienced trainer in practice since 1996 with class sizes limited to 5 puppies.
- Learn impulse control, come, leave it, housetraining, nipping, and much more.
Puppy Preschool 7-Session Puppy Dog Training Class
Puppy Preschool 7-Session Puppy Dog Training Class:
To register for this class, please do the following:
- Check the Group Class Schedule to find the class you want and if there is space available.
- PAYMENT IN FULL WILL RESERVE YOUR SPACE IN CLASS. Payment options are below.
- Complete the Group Class Registration Form here. PLEASE COMPLETE BEFORE CLASS STARTS.
- Please Read This Before You Come To Class.
We will confirm receipt of your registration and payment. If you have not received confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us.
- Payment is accepted in the form of check, money order, or credit card.
- If you are paying by check or money order, please make payable to Love My Dog Training and send to our mailing address.
- Individualized attention from highly-experienced trainer Sue Brown; practicing since 1996; Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants; Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers; and author of 2 books on dog training.
- Class sizes limited to 5 puppies so it will not be overwhelming.
- No need to wait! Classes are designed to join at any time if space is available.
- Classes meet one hour per week for seven weeks.
For puppies 8 weeks to 5 months of age.
- Learn impulse control (self-control) exercises and basic manners.
- Learn basic cues, including: sit, down, come, wait, and leave it.
- Learn effective techniques for housetraining, crate training, nipping, and chewing.
- Learn to prevent and problem-solve future issues that might arise.
- Breaks are allowed for puppies to socialize and play.
- Learn to differentiate appropriate play from potential problems.
Or, save by purchasing the Puppy Preschool Package. Click here for details.
Puppy Pre-School Curriculum:
- Session 1: socialization, intro to training, taking treats gently, name recognition, sit, housetraining and crate training.
- Session 2: socialization, handling, nipping/mouthing, watch me and down.
- Session 3: socialization, over-stimulation, to your bed/crate, food bowl exercise and come.
- Session 4: socialization, chewing/teething, loose leash walking and come.
- Session 5: socialization, frustration tolerance, door waits, drop it, come and loose leash walking.
- Session 6: socialization, leave it, come and loose leash walking.
- Session 7: socialization, other impulse control exercises, leave it, come and loose leash walking.
Clickers, if you decide to use them, are extra. ($2 with wrist coil).