We have lived our entire lives with dogs, been in business with The Light of Dog since 2003, and currently live on a farm with our dogs. We want to positively impact the lives of our dogs in the six major areas of their lives: (1) choosing our next dog; (2) providing quality, holistic-based healthcare; (3) positive reinforcement-based training; (4) high quality nutrition sourced humanely through organic and regenerative agricultural standards; (5) environmentally responsible, non-toxic products; and, (6) enjoying life and sharing our adventures with them. Through our business, we create content, services and products consistent with our standards in these areas. Our goal is to live life to the fullest with our dogs and aim to inspire others to do the same. This is a monthly magazine published digitally and in print by The Light of Dog. Please subscribe your email to receive these digitally from the footer subscribe form on any page of our website.
IN THIS ISSUE
ISSUE # 106 JUNE 2019
Choosing My Dog: Interview with a reputable dog breeder | Choosing a reputable dog breeder
Healthcare For My Dog: Why a Heartworm Preventive May Be Worse Than the Threat of Disease
Train My Dog: Making good choices – Zuzu and the deer | How do I stop my dog from digging?
Nutrition For My Dog: Try To Avoid All Dog Products Made Outside of The U.S. Or Canada
Products For My Dog: Our complete first aid kit for dogs
Adventures With My Dog: Remembering Romeo (my heart dog) | New Documentary Interviews With Fraser, Winnie and Arnold
Calendar: Classes and Events Schedule
ADVENTURES WITH MY DOG
New Documentary Interviews This Month
Below are new videos of dogs we meet to give you ideas and inspiration for your own dog. The videos are generally short and allow you to meet the dog, get to know a little about their background and their breed, and hear from their owners what goals and activities they want for their dog.
Upcoming Classes in Highlands Ranch
Our Tuesday evening classes are held outdoors at Redstone Community Park and other locations, all within close proximity to Santa Fe and C-470. Please note these classes are only held during the spring/summer when longer daylight hours permit us to work outdoors.
- Juvenile Delinquents/Polite Pooches Combo Class: Tuesdays, 6:00 pm; new class to start June 18
- Polite Pooches in Public: Saturdays, 5:00 pm; new class starts June 15 – contact us ASAP if you still want to join us for this one!
Upcoming Classes at The Light of Dog Farm
Our full day of Sunday classes are at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Puppy Preschool: Sundays 1:15 pm, classes are rolling enrollment, join any time space is available!
- Basic Training: Sundays 2:30 pm; new class starts 6/23
- Juvenile Delinquents: Sundays 3:45 pm; new class starts 6/23
- Intermediate Training: Sundays 10:45 am; new class starts 6/2
- The Nose Knows: Sundays 12 pm; new class starts 8/4
- Dog Parkour: Sundays 5:00 pm, new class starts 6/23
- Rabbit Recall: Sundays 12:00 pm, new class starts 6/23
- Fun & Games Class: Sundays 10:45 am, new class starts 8/4
- Photography class: Sundays 9:00 am, new class starts 9/8
Upcoming Events at The Light of Dog Farm
We have open house events on the last Sunday of most months, available only for current and past customers, our veterinarians and their clinic employees. Please check our schedule on our website for upcoming dates and additional details.
- June 23
- July 28
WHO IS THE LIGHT OF DOG
Zuzu (Greyhound): Social director, personal trainer, and chief protector from potential intruders. Romeo (Vizsla) is still with us in spirit, though we lost him in May 2018.
Wife & Husband
Sue Brown, behavior consultant, dog trainer and writer extraordinaire and Ed Soehnel, dog products and marketing.