Private Consultation & Training, Initial Session: We Come To Your Home
Select this product for private training held at your home.
To register for the initial private consultation appointment only, please do the following:
- Please contact us about private consultation/training before completing these forms. This allows us to determine whether private instruction is right for your situation and when we can schedule training.
- Complete the Private Consultation & Training Form. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE OUR FIRST SESSION BEGINS.
We will confirm receipt of your registration and payment. If you have not received confirmation within 24 hours, please contact us.
- Payment is accepted in the form of check, money order, or credit card.
- If paying by check, payment is due at our initial consultation. If paying by credit card, payment must be received prior to our initial consultation.
All private training & consultation services are provided by highly-experienced trainer Sue Brown, practicing since 1996, Certified Dog Behavior Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers, and author of 2 books on dog training.
Sue provides the consultation and training services in the comfort of your own home if you are within our service area, which is the south metro area of Denver, Colorado, including Ken Caryl, Littleton, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Pines, Castle Rock and Larkspur. For those out of our service area, or for those who prefer, she also conducts consultations and training sessions at our location in Sedalia, just west of Castle Rock. This might be the right choice for you if:
- Your dog has specific behavior issues that are not addressed in a group class or make your dog an inappropriate candidate for group class;
- Your dog does not get along well with other dogs or people;
- Your dog has difficulty focusing around other dogs or in new places;
- You have a schedule that makes attending a group class difficult, or;
- You prefer the one-on-one focus of the Trainer that private training provides.
Training time with Sue is primarily for you, not your dog. During these sessions, she will teach you how to most effectively train your dog and address any issues you are having. She could train your dog for you, but that would only ensure a dog who responds to her! It is important for you to work with your dog to ensure you know how to communicate clearly so that your dog understands and responds well to you. By conducting training in your own home, most dogs are able to focus and learn more quickly than in a strange and distracting environment.
The Initial Consultation lasts approximately 90 minutes. During this time, you and Sue will discuss your dog’s daily routine, your household rules, any specific problems you are having, and your goals. Sue will work with you to develop a training plan that will meet your goals and fit your needs. For some situations, the initial consultation is all that is needed. For most behavior issues or training goals, however, follow up training will help ensure the training and behavior modification plan is most effectively implemented and allows for the greatest opportunity for success.
This purchase is the initial 90-minute private consultation & training appointment only and no additional follow-up sessions are included with the purchase.
If you wish to purchase this 90-minute private consultation & training appointment with an additional 4-sessions at a discounted package rate over purchasing session-by-session, please purchase the 5-session Private Training Package here.