IN THIS ISSUE
ISSUE # 108 AUGUST 2019
In memory of Zuzu: October 28, 2013 – June 30, 2019
How To Train A Vizsla: Setting up for a new puppy | Weeks 4 through 11 on how to raise and train a Vizsla
Healthcare For My Dog: Natural ways to de-worm a dog that have worked for us
Adventures With My Dog: Road trip to North Carolina to pick up our Vizsla puppy, Zooka
Other Fun Things We Did: July 2019 Photos | Timelapse video of a July sunset in Colorado with a dissolving thunderhead
Calendar: Classes and Events Schedule
HOW TO TRAIN A VIZSLA
We brought home our new Vizsla puppy, Zooka, in 2019 and are documenting his growth, development and training. We post text, video and image updates, as well as to our email magazine and social channels. You can use our posts as a guide to help you raise your own puppy, even if they are not a Vizsla. Keep in mind that different breeds might develop at different rates, so while you can do these things with any breed, your breed might need certain things at slightly different stages or ages. Follow along here.
Upcoming Classes in Highlands Ranch
Our Tuesday evening classes are held outdoors at Redstone Community Park and other locations, all within close proximity to Santa Fe and C-470. Please note these classes are only held during the spring/summer when longer daylight hours permit us to work outdoors.
- No additional classes scheduled at this time, but if you are interested, contact us ASAP and we’ll see if we can arrange one for the fall!
Upcoming Classes at The Light of Dog Farm
Our full day of Sunday classes are at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Puppy Preschool: Sundays 1:15 pm, classes are rolling enrollment, join any time space is available!
- Basic Training: Sundays 2:30 pm; new class starts 8/25
- Juvenile Delinquents: Sundays 3:45 pm; new class starts 9/8
- Intermediate Training: none scheduled at this time
- The Nose Knows: Sundays 12 pm; new class starts 8/4
- Dog Parkour: none scheduled at this time
- Dogs Unleashed: Sundays 12:00 pm; new class starts 9/8
- Fun & Games Class: Sundays, 5:00 pm, new class starts 9/8
- Photography class: Sundays 9:00 am, new class starts 9/8
Upcoming Events at The Light of Dog Farm
We have open house events on the last Sunday of most months, available only for current and past customers, our veterinarians and their clinic employees. Please check our schedule on our website for upcoming dates and additional details.
- August 25
WHO IS THE LIGHT OF DOG
Zuzu (Greyhound): Social director, personal trainer, and chief protector from potential intruders. Romeo (Vizsla) is still with us in spirit, though we lost him in May 2018.
Wife & Husband
Sue Brown, behavior consultant, dog trainer and writer extraordinaire and Ed Soehnel, dog products and marketing.