We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
The feature image is Saxon, a mix and Kona, a Golden Retriever who were boarding guests with us at the time.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 3/6/19; Expiration: 3/6/20.
- Ingredients were pulled from the freezer on Monday prior.
- Environment: 68 degrees and humidity 20% humidity.
- Drying time at 165 degrees: 9.5 hours.
- Transferred immediately to plastic storage container for freezer storage.
- Packaged into final packaging on 3/10/19.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Ground beef from Farm2Table Meats processed July 18, 2018 by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing
- Delivered January 30, 2019 to The Light of Dog Farm, direct from Farm2Table Meats
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until processing into treats.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in December-January 2018/2019 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on January 30 2019 from Farm2Table in Castle Rock, CO. which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were zucchini and carrots grown from The Light of Dog Farm.
- Fruit was apples grown from The Light of Dog Farm.
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27 2017.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.