We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Raw Dog Food Beef Blend produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 2/20/19; Expiration: 2/20/20.
- Total lot weight: 175 pounds.
- Meat defrosted day before before; vegetable and fruits purchased week before.
- Vegetables, fruits, meats ground on separate days, so final day was assembly only.
- Environment: 68 degrees and humidity 20%.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Whole beef 70-pounds from All About Nature purchased as 2-whole beefs: meat was originally processed in April 2018 from D&L Meat Company; delivered to The Light of Dog Farm April 12 2018 and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Ground round beef 30 pounds from Farm2Table purchased in 1-pound packages: meat was originally processed June 19 2018 from Blue Ribbon Processing; delivered to The Light of Dog Farm January 30 2019 and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in September-November 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on November 29, 2018 Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were broccoli purchased from Natural Grocers Castle Rock February 15 2019, and zucchini and carrots grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018.
- Fruit was apples grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018.
- Fish: Wild Planet brand canned sardines purchased via Amazon January 2019.
- Eggs: from The Light of Dog Farm chickens, fed predominantly a diet of organic layer corn-free and soy-free feed, and supplemented with chicken scraps and raw meats.
- 2-quart Glad food storage containers.
- Label is 1 x 2 5/8 Avery brand from Amazon.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.