We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
The feature image is Lucy, a Goldendoodle who was a boarding guest with us at the time.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 5/4/19; Expiration: 5/4/20.
- Ingredients were pulled from the freezer Sunday prior.
- Environment: 68 degrees and humidity 25% humidity.
- Drying time at 165 degrees: 10-hours for the semi-soft and 21.5 hours for the shelf-stable.
- Transferred to plastic container for overnight storage and packaged 2-days later. The shelf-stable is maintained in plastic container storage and assembled into final packaging as sales come in for the product. It is stored in a refrigerator, even though it is a shelf-stable product.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Ground beef from Farm2Table Meats processed July 18, 2018 by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Delivered April 17, 2019 to The Light of Dog Farm, direct from Farm2Table Meats.
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until processing into treats.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in January-April 2019 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on April 17 2019 from Farm2Table in Castle Rock, CO. which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were carrots grown from The Light of Dog Farm and organic broccoli purchased from Natural Grocers on May 2 2019
- Fruit was apples grown from The Light of Dog Farm.
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels are biodegradeable.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27 2017.
- Unless specified above, labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.