We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Liver is usually delivered in 15-25 pound packages, but in this case, Farm2Table Meats had a small amount in 1 pound packages that we used for this production.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Liver produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 2/15/1918; Expiration: 1/11/20
- Defrosted and produced same day.
- Environment: humidity 20% and temperature 68 degrees.
- 24 hours cook time.
- Allowed to cool on trays a few hours after cooking.
- Transferred immediately to plastic storage container for freezer storage.
- Packaging into final packaging happens at a later date.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was processed in lots on 1/25/18 and 11/23/18.
- Picked up on February 15 2019 from Farm2Table in Castle Rock.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.