We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
The feature pic shows our packaging for this product. We produce our food products by hand and our packaging is simple that we also put together by hand. We use glass and biodegradeable labels for our Peak Power Dog Treats and write product lot codes using a simple marker.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 2/14/19; Expiration: 1/10/20.
- Ingredients were pulled from the freezer on Sunday prior.
- Environment: 68 degrees and humidity 20% humidity.
- Drying time at 165 degrees: 21.5 hours.
- Transferred immediately to plastic storage container for freezer storage.
- Packaging into final packaging happens at a later date.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Whole chicken from All About Nature.
- Delivered November 16 2018 and December 15 2018 in two lots.
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until processing into treats.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in September-November 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on November 29, 2018 Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were zucchini and carrots grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018
- Fruit was apples grown from The Light of Dog Farmin 2018
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27 2017.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.