RATTLESNAKE AVOIDANCE TRAINING WORKSHOP COMING IN MAY TO THE LIGHT OF DOG FARM.
Notes from week 17:
- Surgery recovery
- see notes from week 15 week 16 and our special blog post about his ER visit and surgery for details
- staples were removed mid-way during this week!
- permission to start easing back into normal puppy stuff
- no play dates this week with other puppies just yet as we ease back into energetic puppy activity
- Continue housetraining
- Continue training for meals
- continue with everything we've been doing so far
- building duration on things like Eye Contact and Kennel Up/Crate Training
- have NOT been working on Come during his recovery since we want a fast response and we are trying to discourage running for now!
- Creative ways to burn energy when you can't run, jump or play!
- Continuing with all the activities mentioned in the week 16 post
- Walks are still exploratory and not meant to cover any large distances
- Muzzle training, continued
- Working on duration of holding nose in muzzle
- Due to yummy rewards, he enthusiastically sticks his nose in the muzzle immediately when I hold it at nose level!
- Field trips
- trips only the latter part of this week after staples are out and able to resume normal activities
- outdoor shopping center
- dog friendly – many of the stores allow dogs inside
- met lots of people who wanted to