We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Raw Dog Food Beef Blend produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 5/7/18; Expiration: na.
- Total lot weight: 177 pounds.
- Defrost 11 am 5/2 – left out overnight in storage garage as temps in lower 40's overnight.
- Ground liver on 5/4.
- Ground vegetables and fruits on 5/5; the core of apples was removed and not used in production.
- Added yellow squash to this mix as did not have enough zuchini.
- Mixed eggs on 5/6
- Assembled entire ingredients and packaged on 5/7.
Beef Muscle Meat
- 78 lbs round cut, from Farm2Table Meats purchased in a 120 pound lots: meat was originally processed on July 24 2017 by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing; picked up in two batches: December 17 2017 and on January 25 2018 from Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor. Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm. We used the round cut and not the whole beef, as we were out of whole beef and had extra round cut left over to use up.
- 20 lbs whole beef from All About Nature purchased 4/12/18 and processed 2-4 weeks before. The beef lot was from 2-whole cows – total finished ground beef was 565 lbs. Meat was delivered directly to The Light of Dog Farm.
- 25.1 lbs from Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver: meat was originally processed in March 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing; picked up April 5 2018, from Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- 3.9 lbs from All About Nature as whole cow liver: meat was originally processed in March/April 2018 time frame by D&L Meat; delivered 4/12/18 directly to The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Purchased May 3 2018 from Natural Grocers in Castle Rock and transported to and remained in refrigerator at The Light of Dog Farm.
- See included images for additional product details.
- Fish: Wild Planet, Wild Sardines in Spring Water, 4.4 Ounce Tins.
- Eggs: from The Light of Dog Farm chickens, fed organic layer corn-free and soy-free feed from Modesto Mills. Chicken diet is supplemented with kitchen scraps from both our personal kitchen and The Light of Dog kitchen, and chickens are given 1-2 lbs of raw meat weekly from our inventory.
- 2-quart Glad food storage containers.
- Label is 1 x 2 5/8 Avery brand from Amazon.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based; we hope to move to biodegradeable labels in 2018.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.