We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
The feature picture includes Charlee and Lillie, Rottweiler sisters who were boarding guests and served as the models for the finished product.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Dog Beef Treats produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 11/01/18; Expiration: 11/01/19.
- Ingredients were pulled from the freezer on Sunday prior.
- Environment: 65 degrees and humidity 25% humidity.
- Drying time at 165 degrees for 21.5 hours.
- Transferred immediately to plastic storage container for freezer storage.
Beef Muscle Meat
- Ground beef from two whole cows (original live weight of 1139 pounds) from All About Nature.
- Meat was originally processed in late March and April 2018 by D&L Meat Company.
- Delivered April 12 2018 from All About Nature to The Light of Dog Farm, direct from the processor.
- Remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm until processing into treats.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed in May 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on August 3, 2018 Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were zucchini and carrots grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018.
- Fruit was apples grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018.
- Purchased August 17, 2015 from U.S. Wellness Meats in 5-lb package and shipped FedEx.
- Store predominantly in The Light of Dog Freezers (sometimes stored on shelf when freezer space was needed).
- 32-ounce glass jars from Fillmore Container.
- 3.5 ounce biodegradeable packs from Tekpak Solutions purchased February 13 2015.
- 32-ounce jar labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- 3.5 ounce pack labels from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27, 2017.
- Additional labels in various sizes: .5 x 1.75 – Avery brand from Amazon; 2×2 – Avery brand from Amazon; 1-inch round from Buckley Graphics purchased March 27 2017.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, dehydrator, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.