We make available to the public the supply chain, inventory and production details about our products. This post contains information from a specific product production run. More information about our product production logs is here.
This picture is of Sally, a great dane boarding with us who gladly agreed to sit while we snapped a pick with finished product on its way to the freezer for storage.
Inventory and Production Notes
This is the production log for Peak Power Raw Dog Food Beef/Chicken Blend produced on this date. Notes are as follows:
- Lot code: 1/14/19; Expiration: 1/14/20.
- Total lot weight: 172 pounds.
- Meat defrosted 9-days before; vegetable and fruits purchased week before before.
- Vegetables, fruits, meats ground on separate days, so final day was assembly only.
- Environment: 65 degrees and humidity 20%.
Chicken Muscle Meat
- Whole ground chickens from All About Nature, including bone for calcium.
- Meat was originally processed in November 2018.
- Delivered to The Light of Dog Farm November and December 2018 and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
- From Farm2Table Meats as whole cow liver.
- Meat was originally processed September-November 2018 time frame by Jensen's Blue Ribbon Processing.
- Picked up on November 29 2018 from Farm2Table in Sedalia, which came direct from the processor.
- Transported to and remained in freezers at The Light of Dog Farm.
Vegetables and Fruits
- Vegetables were cauliflower and cucumber purchased from Natural Grocers Castle Rock January 10 2019, and yellow squash was grown from The Light of Dog Farm in 2018.
- Fruit was bananas, raspberries and blueberries purchased from Natural Grocers Castle Rock January 10 2019.
- Fish: Wild Planet brand canned sardines purchased via Amazon November 2018.
- Eggs: from The Light of Dog Farm chickens, fed organic layer corn-free and soy-free feed.
- 2-quart Glad food storage containers.
- Label is 1 x 2 5/8 Avery brand from Amazon.
- Labels are not biodegradeable and ink is not plant-based.
- Logistics: we use gas-powered vehicles for pick up of ingredients.
- The Light of Dog Kitchen, freezers, refrigerators, mixing and holding containers, grinder, utensils, weight scale: please see this post on Dog Food Production and Processing Equipment at The Light of Dog Farm.
- Water: no additional water is added to the product; we are on well-water and are chlorine and fluoride free. Click here for most recent well water test.
- Electricity: supplied by IREA. We are not yet on solar/wind.
- Recycling: we separate trash items for recycling.
- Ingredient waste: we feed any ingredient waste or excess to our chickens or it gets composted and used in our farming.